The City of Newberry Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee (ATAC) will be accepting applications for funding from non-profit community organizations engaged in “Tourism Related Activities” benefiting the City of Newberry. “Tourist” means a person traveling outside his usual environment for leisure, business or any other purpose.
Funding may be requested to assist with projects in any of the following areas:
1. Advertising a promotion of tourism so as to develop an increase in tourism attendance through the generation of publicity;
2. Promotion of the arts and cultural events;
3. Construction, maintenance and operation of facilities for civic and cultural activities including construction and maintenance of access and other nearby roads and utilities for the facilities;
4. Public facilities such as restrooms, dressing rooms, parks and parking lots;
5. Tourism shuttle transportation;
6. Operation of visitor information centers.
The total of $48,438.45 is available for distribution by the ATAC. Requests for funding will be considered by the ATAC at its Tuesday, April 7, 2015 meeting. Organizations interested in requesting funding should contact the City Manager’s office located at City Hall, 1330 College Street or by telephone at (803) 321-1000 for an application package. All application packages must be submitted in proper form to the above stated office before 12:00 P.M. on Thursday, April 2, 2015.
Link to 2015 A-Tax Application (click link for application)