Points of Interest
While Newberry may be considered a small town, it has plenty to offer whether you prefer the great outdoors, the great indoors, sitting back and taking in a show, or getting up and getting hands-on. Points of interest in and around Newberry include:
- Downtown Newberry: Not only can you shop, dine, and be entertained in Historic Downtown Newberry, but you can also take time to discover our many historic buildings, some dating back to the 1800's. Need help finding parking in downtown? Visit our GIS Parking Map for guidance!
- Newberry Arts Center: Established in 2014, the center has become a popular addition to downtown with programs for all ages and the work of professional instructors, accomplished students, and other local artists for sale.
- Newberry Community Players: Founded in 1970, The Newberry Community Players is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization dedicated to providing the opportunity to kids, teenagers, and adults to attend and participate in live theater in Newberry County. The Players meet in the Ritz Theater, a National Historic Registry site and downtown's 1930s era movie house.
- Newberry Firehouse Conference Center: The Newberry Firehouse was once the district fire station but is now an elegant, high-tech conference center and event venue.
- The Newberry Museum: Newberry's official history museum including information on the county, municipalities, and Newberry College.
- Newberry Opera House: The Newberry Opera House hosts dozens of performances each year from musicals and operas, to rock concerts and beach tunes. The Opera House has been a part of the Newberry community for over 100 years and is on the National Registry of Historic Places.
- Enoree River Winery: A popular spot for locals as well as out-of-town visitors, the winery invites you to enjoy a wine tasting in their tasting room and tour the vineyard grounds. The winery also welcomes weddings, corporate events, birthdays, and special events.
- Carter & Holmes Orchids: Carter & Holmes is one of the premier producers and suppliers of orchids in the United States and can be found just south of downtown Newberry.
- Wells Japanese Garden: The Wells Japanese Garden is a quaint Newberry landmark and is an excellent example of both a historic design and a vernacular landscape. Visit anytime, no admission
- Outdoor Recreation: The Midlands region of South Carolina offers a wealth of outdoor beauty and fun for you and your family to explore. Newberry's prime location, in the center of it all, lets you have a new adventure every day!