Jana Boice, HR Director and RISK Management
1330 College Street - P.O. Box 538
Newberry, SC 29108
The Human Resources department is dedicated to partnering with all City of Newberry departments to maximize the potential of our foremost asset - the employees. The Human Resources Department provides the leadership, direction, and support to attract, retain, and develop talented individuals. In an effort to support the City’s ever-changing needs, the HR Department ensures that the City maintains a dedicated work force capable of delivering the exceptional services that make Newberry a special place to live, work and play. The City of Newberry is proud of its diverse workforce and employs over 160 individuals engaged in various and exciting positions. We are proud to offer a strong organizational culture and the opportunity to work in a progressive environment.
The City of Newberry is a vibrant and progressive City. There is plenty to offer in Newberry in the way of downtown shopping, dining, arts and entertainment, college-level sports, economic development, and a wide array of community activities.
The Human Resources Department is responsible for:
- Compensation and Classification System
- Benefits Coverage Options….i.e. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, etc.
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Recruitment, Selection & Retention
- Employee Relations
- Risk Management
- Employment Regulatory Compliance
We fulfill our objectives by:
- Ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations as it relates to recruitment and providing employment services.
- Sourcing and retaining qualified, competent, and diverse employees through a competitive compensation and benefits program.
- Providing cost-effective benefits that address the health, financial, and retirement needs of the City of Newberry employees.
- Promoting healthy life style choices and improving employee wellness.
- Ensuring employee safety by minimizing occupational injuries and illness through training and awareness programs.
- Fostering family friendly programs that allow for healthy integration of work and personal life responsibilities in a manner that enhances the employees’ skills and work productivity.
- Enhancing and strengthening individual, group, and organizational effectiveness through enhanced communications, training, coaching, and organizational services.
What to expect next?
Your resume and application will be reviewed by our staffing team. If you’re a good fit for a role, somebody will reach out to you. If you move forward in the hiring process, you’ll participate in a series of interviews to assess your skills - some may be over the phone or in person.
Please, no phone calls regarding your application status. Rejection letters will be sent to only the applicants that are selected for an interview and do not receive a job offer.
View current job openings and apply to the City of Newberry's Human Resources Department here.