Office of the City Manager
Matt DeWitt, City Manager
1330 College Street - P.O. Box 538
Newberry, SC 29108
The City of Newberry, established in 1789, operates under the Council-Manager form of Government. The City Manager is appointed by City Council and serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the City and head of the administrative branch of City government. The City Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective administration and operation of all municipal services for the City of Newberry. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching and recommending policy options for City Council to consider.
- Implementing the policies approved by City Council. Presenting the annual budget to City Council.
- Managing municipal resources.
- Managing and directing Department Heads.
- Evaluating and reporting to Council on the future needs of the City.
Additionally, much of the City's interaction with Federal and State agencies and other outside organizations is coordinated through the City Manager's office. The City Manager’s Office is located in City Hall, 1330 College Street. Office hours are 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday.