Points of Interest
While Newberry may be considered a small town, it has plenty to offer whether you prefer the great outdoors, the great indoors, sitting back and taking in a show, or getting up and getting hands-on. Points of interest in and around Newberry include:
- Downtown Newberry: Not only can you shop, dine, and be entertained in Historic Downtown Newberry, but you can also take time to discover our many historic buildings, some dating back from the 1800's.
- The Newberry Firehouse Conference Center: The Newberry Firehouse was once the district fire station but is now an elegant, high-tech conference center and event venue.
- The Newberry Opera House: The Newberry Opera House hosts dozens of musical performances each year from classical to gospel, and from bluegrass to beach music.
- Newberry Arts Center: Established in 2014, the center has quickly become a popular addition to downtown Newberry with programs for all ages. The center is a host to the annual South Carolina Clay Conference.
- Carter & Holmes: Carter & Holmes is one of the premier producers and suppliers of orchids in the United States and can be found just south of Newberry.
- Wells Japanese Garden: The Wells Japanese Garden is a Newberry landmark and is an excellent example of both a historic design and a vernacular landscape.
- Newberry Community Players: Founded in 1970, The Newberry Community Players is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization dedicated to providing the opportunity to kids, teenagers, and adults to attend and participate in live theater in Newberry County.
- Enoree River Winery: A popular spot for locals as well as out-of-town visitors, the winery invites you to enjoy a wine tasting in their tasting room and tour the vineyard grounds. The winery also welcomes weddings, corporate events, birthdays, and special events.