Newberry’s Annual Events
Everybody loves a good celebration, so the City of Newberry gives people great reasons to celebrate. Every year the city hosts several beloved annual events:
- The Irish Fling is held in March around St. Patrick's Day and is a prime opportunity to spend some time Downtown enjoying live entertainment as well as local shopping and drink and dinner specials at local restaurants.
- Pork in the Park features mouth-watering BBQ from across the southeast and gives you a chance to taste the competitors' best! You and your family can also enjoy live music as well as kids' inflatables and activities. Bring your family out to feast on some of the best barbecue in the South!
- A Taste of Newberry is one of our quintessential small town events! A Taste of Newberry gives you an opportunity to sample food, beer and wine, and full meals from the best of our local restaurants throughout the county. This event also features live music performed by local musicians. So come on down and wine and dine with us!
- The Newberry Oktoberfest is held in, you guessed it, October, and is a festival of German heritage with enough art, entertainment, and children's activities to satisfy the whole family! And the best part is that it's all for free! This festival has seen crowds of over 20,000, making it Newberry's largest event, so come on down and join this year's fun!
- Christmas in Newberry is a magical time of year! The season kicks off with Main Street Lights: Community Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, located in front of Community Hall, through festive song and fellowship. Main St. is transformed for an evening of Christmas fun! You can peruse Downtown for early Christmas shopping treasures and bring your family for a bite to eat after the show! Local organizations sell and give away a variety of goods, from fresh wreaths and garlands, to free hot chocolate and popcorn. Annually we have new additions to our Downtown décor and plenty to do for all ages. After the lighting be sure to stick around for street musicians playing your favorite Christmas tunes. Be sure to come back and visit downtown on Fridays in December for North Pole Nights- visit Santa by our faux snow machines and stay for storytime with Mrs. Claus. For details on thesee iconic Downtown Newberry Holiday events! visit www.newberrychristmas.com.
Be sure to check out the events calendar for even more events hosted in Newberry, SC